Ingredients for Samosa dough
250 gm all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
75 gm clarified butter
½ cup water
Ingredients for Samosa filling
½ cup green pea
4 potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
1 tsp coriander seed
Ginger 1inch (chopped)
1½ tsp salt
2 green chillies (chopped)
¼ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp cumin seed
½ tsp gram masala
4-5 cashew nuts
2 tsp cilantro
1 tsp dry mango powder
Oil for frying
Method for dough
- Take all purpose flour in big bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Now add clarified butter in flour and mix them well.
- Knead this dry flour for 5-6 minutes with butter.
- Now start adding water in very little quantity. The dough of samosa is supposed to be little harder.
- Next cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add coriander seeds and cumin seed sauté add green chili and grated ginger.
- Add red chili powder and mashed potatoes with green peas. Sauté this for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add salt and rest of ingredients. Mix them well.
- Take this filling out in a bowl and let it cool for few minutes.
- Preheat air fryer at 200 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Now take dough and smooth it by kneading few more minutes.
- Make 8 equal balls from the dough. Roll the balls nicely in your palms.
- Now take 1 ball and cover rest of the balls in a bowl.
- Roll this ball in a circle of 8 inch diameter and roll little more on the edges. Give a uniform thickness on the edges.
- Now cut this chapatti into half and apply water on the straight edge and make a cone shape. Seal the straight edge by pressing with fingers.
- Now put 1 ½ tsp of filling in samosa press filling inside lightly with your hands. Now apply little water on open side of the edges. Join and seal these edges by pressing with your fingers.
- Now you can put this samosa in air fryer (200 degree celsius) for 20-30 minutes. Serve with coriander and/ or imli chutney.
If you want to make rest of the samosas later you can store these samosa in covered bowl in refrigerator just coat them well with oil while storing.