- 1 cup Sabudana
- 2 Boiled Mashed Potato
- 2 Green chilies (fine chopped)
- 2 slice bread (optional)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (roasted & crushed coarsely)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak Sabudana by placing it in a bowl, then rinsing once with water, then adding enough water to just cover the sago in the bowl. Cover and leave overnight or 5 hours. Your sago will swell well and becoming a bit rubbery and soft. This results in perfectly fluffed sago.
- Drain out rest of the water from sabudana.
- Add all ingredients to it except oil. Mix well into a paste.
- Keep the oil in a deep frying pan to heat. Moist hands and make small medium size balls and flatten slightly to form patties.
- Slide one pattie in hot oil and check that its not breaking down.(if it is breaking down then add more boiled potato or bread in the mixture)
- Slide the rounds in the heated oil on medium flame. Fry till they are crisp and light brown in color.
- Drain them well using a sieve type ladle and paper towels.
- Serve with peanut chutney,Coconut chutney or chutney of your choice.