- 6-10 eggs
- 2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup corn (cooked or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (cooked or raw, raw will turn out crunchier)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, or a Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as basil, rosemary, or thyme
- 13 x 9 inch casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the milk and cheese.
- Add the bread and carefully stir until all pieces of bread are moistened (don't over mix or the bread may disintegrate).
- Add additions. Add salt and pepper to taste (if using Italian sausage, you won't need either.)
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Pour mix into casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes, until the top is browned and the center springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.