- 1 cup water
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon saunf
- 3-4 tulsi(holy basil)leaves
- 1 inch fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 11/2 teaspoon black tea
- 1/2 cup milk
- Crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon.
- Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add Tea and boil this for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir the chai, then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into tea cups.