- 4 cup Home made paneer
- 1/3 cup milk powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter (ghee)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (illaichi)
- Heat the frying pan on medium. Add butter and let it melt.
- Next add milk, milk powder, and paneer. Mix it well.
- Cook mixture on medium heat stirring continuously until mixture starts leaving the sides of the frying pan and becomes like dough. This should take about 12 minutes. Now this is known as khoya.
- Transfer the khoya into a bowl and let it cool off until khoya becomes just lukewarm.
- Mix the sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and knead it for about a minute until every thing blends together and become soft dough. Note: if you mix the sugar while khoya is hot that will make pedas soft.
- Divide the mix into about 20 equal parts and roll them into round balls. Lightly press it down so it looks like small patty.
- Put few pieces of sliced pistachios on every peda.
- Pedas should be served at room temperature.
- Pedas can be kept for few days at room temperature and about a month refrigerated.