- 4 Boiled & Mashed Potato
- 5 Big Red Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Onion paste
- 1Tsp Garlic paste
- 1Tsp Ginger Paste
- 250gm Cauliflower
- 250 gm Peas
- 8 Pav
- 1Tsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- salt according to taste
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black salt
- 100gm Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
- Chopped Onion and Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil green peas and cauliflower in salted water till soft, drain, mash lightly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions ginger-garlic paste. Saute till light brown.
- Add tomatoes pure with red chilly powder , turmeric powder salt and coriander powder and mix them well.
- Cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
- Add mashed peas, cauliflower, potatoes and one and half cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
- Add 2 more cups of water and black salt.
- Add Pav bhaji Masala and 1/2 the quantity of butter.
- Cook on medium heat for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Heat butter in a thick-bottomed pan or a tawa. Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute, pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown.
- Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.