- 1/2 kg okra (bhindi)
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp sauf
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/4 teaspoon gram masala
- Wash the Bhindi and pat dry. Make sure to completely dry the Bhindi as wet Bhindi will be sticky when cutting.
- Cut off the both ends of the bhindi, and cut them in 1inch pieces . Set aside
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.Add sauf to the pan.
- Add chopped onion in this pan and fry them till onion turn into pink in color.
- Stir for a minute and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add chopped Bhindi in the pan and fry them for 2 more minutes (Do not cover the pan as this will make your bhindi sticky and soggy)
- Add all the dry masala accept salt, amchoor and gram masala and mix them well.
- Continue to stir-fry until the Bhindi is tender. Add the salt, mango powder and gram masala.
- Cook for another minute. (Salt is added last to avoid the okra becoming lacy).